We are currently hiring all positions. Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Be an essential member of a large Security team providing a uniformed security presence in either an alarm response, static or mobile capacity to clients in and around the Cariboo.
Benefits: 50/50 Sharing With Employee/Employer, based on program eligibility.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Security and the safety of the public, staff and others on site.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Patrol interior and exterior of facilities as assigned, to ensure personal, building and equipment security.
- Recognize and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and then contact emergency responders such as police, fire and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Provide accurate verbal and/or written reports on all site activity, observations, actions taken and incidents encountered.
- Identify persons found on site, obtain identification and record that information.
- Maintain effective and respectful communication with all people being flexible enough to deal with specific site/client needs as they arise.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function positively and productively in a team environment.
- Proven leadership and conflict management skills will ensure success in this role.
- Possess sound observation, decision making and problem solving skills as well as the ability to respond effectively in a crisis situation.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security procedures and non-defensive communication in aggressive situations.
- Ability to handle stressful and delicate situations tactfully and professionally.
- Consider client satisfaction a priority.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Possess a Provincial Security License or have the ability to obtain one.
- High School Diploma. Additional certificate / degree / diploma in criminology or law enforcement would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Successful completion of the Basic Security Training (BST) Course. Advanced Security Training (AST) would be considered an asset.
- Flexibility to work a variety of rotational shifts and willing to be away from home for periods of time when required. (afternoons / nights / weekends).
- Physically capable of performing all tasks in the duties of this position.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and provide an up to date abstract.